5 Things I Wish I Knew As a Freshman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

1. Don’t Wear Your Lanyard Around Your Neck 

I know you’re gonna get a lanyard during orientation week and there will only be other freshman on campus, so it’s going to be tempting, but don’t do it! I don’t know about you, but I remember those days like they were yesterday. The struggle to find pants with pockets still haunts me..

2. You Can Wear Sweatpants To Class

I just realized this and it feels so good! Feel free to let yourself go and wear sweatpants every once in a while. You can even rock those new joggers you’ve been looking at in American Eagle.

3. Your Friend-group is Gonna Change

When I first moved in I thought I was going to be best friends with my roommate. And although we’re still great friends and I love her, I have moved on to different people. College is a place where you can meet a whole bunch of new people so why restrict yourself to one friend group? I try and keep myself open to everyone.

4. Definitley Don’t Wear Your Lanyard Around Your Neck

Just don’t do it.

5. Be Open To Trying New Things

Going to college means a new You, and that is true whether you’re a freshman or senior. Take risks with your wardrobe or join a new club like the LMC Steppers, LSPB or maybe even Her Campus (*hint hint*). Whatever it is you do, make sure you’re enjoying it!

Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff. 
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.