A picture can say a thousand words, and sometimes that’s all you really need. Have you ever come across a captivating image on the web that you’ve wanted to save and share? I’m talking about that picture you’ve seen that inspired you to redecorate your dorm room, bake up a storm, or recreate your wardrobe. Welcome to Pintrest- the virtual pinboard. Pintrest is a new social media site that aims to create an online community where members can get inspired through sharing images. Pintrest users organize and share images that they find online by putting together fun “pinboards ” that others who may share similar interests can browse.
To get started, visit www.Pintrest.com and request an invitation to create an account by entering your email address. For first time users, here are some tips on pintrest lingo to keep in mind:
1. Pin-an image that can be added to a board by using the “pin it” button, or upload from your computer. Each pin added with the use of a pin it button will allow the user to link back to the site it originally came from
2. Board-a set of pins. Boards can be created on any topic and you can add as many pins to a board as you want.
3. Following-you can follow individual boards to stay on top of a user’s pins on a specific board
4. Following all-you can have all pins on a user’s board shown to you in real time.
5. Re-pin-share an image that you’ve seen on someone’s board that you would like to add on your own.