Your Favorite Feminists Reacting to Republican Quotes about Planned Parenthood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Recently, the Republican Party has taken it upon themselves to attack Planned Parenthood, an organization that has been committed to the health of women since 1916. Representatives have taken it upon themselves to speak out against the organization, giving us more than a few cringe-worthy quotes. Here are some of your favorite feminist celebrities/spirit animals reacting:

When Mike Huckabee compared abortions to heroin.

“Planned Parenthood isn’t purely a ‘health care provider’ any more than a heroin dealer is a community pharmacist.”

—  Mike Huckabee

Jennifer’s face says it all. Really, providing women with health care is the same as providing the masses with a dangerous narcotic?! Nice theory Huckabee, but we don’t agree.

When Marco Rubio said that people look forward to abortions.

“You’ve created an incentive for people not just to look forward to having more abortions, but [also to be] able to sell that fetal tissue.”

—  Marco Rubio

Of course, the women getting abortions are the ones greedy for money, not the people trying to cut funding to a health care provider. Makes perfect sense. *insert Tina Fey eyeroll here*

When Donald Trump spoke.

“The problem that I have with Planned Parenthood is the abortion situation. It is like an abortion factory, frankly.”

—  Donald Trump

Actually Donald, abortions only count for 3% of the services that Planned Parenthood provide.

When E.W. Jackson compared Planned Parenthood to the KKK.

“Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to Black lives than the KKK ever was.”

—  E. W. Jackson

Okay so, how? And what? And also, no.

When the most stereotypical conservative thing ever was said.

“If babies had guns, they wouldn’t be aborted.”

Steve Stockman

This one doesn’t require words, Zooey’s expression of disgust/outrage/incredulity says it all.

When a man said if abortion is legal, so should be rape.

“If a woman has [the right to an abortion], why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t [usually] result in anyone’s death.”

Lawrence Lockman

I’d like to see him tell Serena Williams about his right to use his “superior strength” against women and see how well that goes for him.

When someone revealed the real motive behind all these attacks.

“These Planned Parenthood women, the Code Pink Women, they have been neutering American men and bringing us to the point of this incredible weakness… we are not going to have our men become subservient.” – Allen West

Yeah, man’s fear of women taking over the world is not a good enough reason to cut women’s access to health care…

Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to read about all of the ignorance that is spread by public officials. However, one can always find solace in the fact that their favorite feminists probably feel the same way, and are making the same disgusted faces. Remember, change starts with you!

Photos provided by: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 

Freshman at Lasell College. Interested in fashion, feminism, and fearlessly pursuing my dreams.