What Your American Girl Doll Said About Your Personality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Growing up, my favorite toy was my American Girl Doll. As a child I would play with my Kit doll for hours every day, so it’s no surprise that I believe that my doll’s story had a huge impact on my personality, even today. What does your doll say about you? Read on to find out!

*Image from Pinterest.com

• Samantha Parkington: You’re crafty and have probably attempted to cross-stitch at least once. Most importantly, you know how to stand up for yourself and help others in need.

• Kirsten Larson: You don’t mind being outside and away from the hustle and bustle of a big city. You’re hard-working and don’t mind standing out sometimes. Winter and the holidays are your favorite time of year.

• Addy Walker: You’re kind and thoughtful. You also aren’t afraid to take a risk to help others. You’re very curious and open minded.  You have great intuition and always follow your gut. You love to learn and always seem to have a book in hand.

• Molly McIntire: Math isn’t your best subject and you hate vegetables, but you’re always dreaming up some type of scheme. You were most definitely a Girl Scout and loved to camp.  You prefer to be a leader and sometimes your strong personality can rub people the wrong way.

• Josefina Montoya:  Sometimes you feel overwhelmed by everything going on, but you love to observe the world around you. You’re shy around strangers but are very outgoing around friends. You’re optimistic and love chocolate.

• Felicity Merriman: You’re independent and a bit of a tomboy. You can never turn down an adventure. You’re always on the go, otherwise you get bored easily. You find it annoying when people tell you to “act ladylike”.

• Kit Kittredge: Even in the worst of times, you wear rose-colored glasses. You love writing and hope to be a journalist someday. You’ve probably owned a sweater set at one point in your life. You have a lot to say and don’t hold back.

• Kaya: You love nature. If you didn’t ride horses, you always wanted to learn how. You love hearing your relatives tell stories of the past. Sometimes you are impulsive and that can get you into trouble. However you always try to be brave.

• Julie Albright: You’re free spirited and full of energy. You’re always trying to make the world a better place. Once you have your mindset to something you must complete it.

• Doll of the Year: You always kept up with the latest trends. You had many interest such as art, sports and science. You love to travel and always try new things.

• Choose Your Own: You were a leader who created their own story. You love to keep things fresh and exciting and can never be pinned down to one specific style! You tend to daydream, but are outgoing and can’t wait to see what the future has in store.
Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.