What It’s Like To Plan A Major Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Being apart of planning my first major event is a huge step in my career as an event planner. On Feb. 6, the NACE Lasell student chapter put on our student-led event. We decided that for our event for the NACE New England chapter, we would plan a bridal fashion show. As soon as the idea was announced, I instantly became excited and could only think about the details that would go into the event. But of course, any person who is putting together an event is most excited about what the final product will look like and how the attendees will react to their work.

The whole process leading up to the event has been stressful, but being apart of a group who is putting something this big together has been such a wonderful experience. Because of this event, I have gotten the chance to be more hands-on with the details of the event for the first time ever. I learned a lot about making sure the final product comes together seamlessly as well as all of the little details that the guests don’t get to see.

Our sponsors provided amazing work for the event, from hair, makeup, bridal dresses, bridesmaids dresses, groomsmen tuxes, and flowers. The final product was something I could’ve only imagined. The fashion show was amazing and the models and dresses were stunning. The color scheme, tablecloths and flowers were beautiful together. I’m so proud of the final product and how it all came together.

Great job to everyone for a beautiful and successful event!

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.