Ways to Make Mornings Easier (If You Aren’t a Morning Person)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Being a college sophomore, I have learned a lot of things about life. One important thing I have learned is that mornings are hard. If you aren’t a morning person like me, here are some helpful tips to make mornings a little easier.

1. Plan out a breakfast you look forward to-

There is no way you are going to want to get out of bed for just a banana and a cup of black coffee.

2. Move your alarm-

If you move your alarm to the other side of the room, then you’ll have to get out of bed and will be less likely to hit snooze.

3. Natural Light-

If your room is still dark in the morning, you are not going to want to leave your bed because your mind will still think it’s night. Natural light is very important to be energized in the morning.

4. Drink water-

Your body has not been taking in water for all the hours you have been sleeping. Therefore your body will be more dehydrated and cause you to be more cranky.

5. Stretch-

Stretching is a great way to get moving in the morning, Your body has been lying in the same position for a long time and needs to be stretched out. Stretching can also help with regulating your breathing.  

6. Read something-

It can be anything, just something to get your brain going. Even just the news highlights will work fantastically and can get you in the class or work state of mind.

7. Lay everything out the night before-

If you lay everything out that you’ll need for the next day the night before, there is no thinking or hard decisions you need to make.

8. Shower-

Hot water is one of the quickest ways to wake up, and once you feel clean you will feel 10 times more motivated.

All Photos Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.