Tyler Hilton Comes to Lasell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Lasell College held a concert on Friday, April 25. The headliner is from a show most college aged people grew up with; One Tree Hill, the star was Tyler Hilton. Hilton played Chris Keller on One Tree Hill, the arrogant-musician-who-kind-of-broke-up-the-world’s-perfect-couple-but-didn’t. He appeared on 29 episodes of the show.

Now, Hilton wasn’t at Lasell to talk about his life as a member of the One Tree Hill cast. No, Hilton was there to perform some of his songs for all of us here at Lasell. Tyler’s music has a rock n’ roll feel to it, but there are some hints of country music thrown in.

Throughout the set, Hilton threw some humor at the crowd, asking for a tour of the dorms and the “community fridge’s,” as well as asking if anyone had run naked through the quad. He poked fun at his days on One Tree Hill, saying that he was the actual star of the show to the people who hadn’t heard of it before.

He also poked fun at his own songs as he was introducing them, “A lot of my songs are about love. This one’s about a b*****, though. Her name was Jenny and I wrote a song about her.”

We reached out to Tyler in an email interview but unfortunately he and his management couldn’t get back to us.

Tyler Hilton brought humor, good music and all around fun to Lasell last Friday night. It was a good way to end the year.

Angela is a senior communication major with a concentration in public relations, and is double minoring in legal studies and sports communication. She studied in Washington, D.C. during the Spring 2016 semester. Angela has interned with McGovern Law and the Washington Ballet. She once was in the same press conference as President Obama. When not in class, she can be found in the Brennan Library studying, in the one of the gyms on campus or taking a nap. Angela is a sports lover, buffalo chicken enthusiast, and future master sommelier.