This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Top 10 Best Winter Activities

Winter is considered to be the most wonderful time of the year. So why not take advantage of that and make the most of what is left of this winter season. With the crazy fluctuation of weather from Mother Nature, here are some winter activities that pertain to all the different weather variations.

10. Ugly sweater parties

What better time to wear an ugly sweater than in the wintertime. When you think of an ugly sweater party you automatically correlate it to winter. Get your ugliest sweater, some friends and snacks and create your own fun on these cold winter nights.

9. Baking and watching Netflix

Baking is relatively quick, fun and a good bonding experience with friends. Whether you admit it or not, everyone has a sweet tooth and baking is the perfect winter activity, especially done with friends. While or after the baking, it’s a necessity to put on Netflix and watch your favorite movie while consuming lots of delicious goods.

8. Take advantage of the winter sales

Who doesn’t love a good sale? Make sure to make a stop by the Natick Mall, Burlington Mall or even Newbury Street for the winter sales. February to retail means the end of the winter clothing, which means that they will be starting to put out the new spring collections. It’s a win-win situation for us who love to shop. We get the end of the winter sales and the new sneak peaks of the spring collections.

7. Easy DIY crafts

Let’s get crafty! Don’t feel like going out but still want to hangout with your girls and do something fun? DIY crafts are perfect for that occasion. Get on Pinterest and look up some easy DIY crafts, get some snacks and it makes for a fun girls night in.

6. Get in some ice time

Only have a couple of hours of free time and want to do some winter activities? Make sure to stop by Frog Pond and go ice skating in the Boston Common. Bring your own skates or rent them right there and enjoy the company of your friends, family or loved ones.

5. Show your love and celebrate Valentine’s Day

Valentines day isn’t just for couples. This is a great day to hangout with friends and create your own fun if you are living the single life this season. Go out and explore the city or stay in and order Dominos heart shaped pizza with your girls. Create some  new memories with friends or your significant other. Show the ones you care about some love this February 14th. 

4. Celebrate the Chinese New Year

Expand your horizons and join in on the fun with the Chinese culture. Chinese New Year falls on the first day of the first month of the Lunar New Year this February 8th.  The annual festival in Chinatown is just a T ride away and brings in the New Year with a bang with lots of delicious foods, music, performances and much more. The local Chinese martial art groups parade through the streets of Chinatown performing the famous Lion Dance, that is accompanied by cymbals, drums and gongs that includes huge firecracker explosions with all sorts of colors and excitement.

3. Hit the slopes

With Mother Nature constantly changing her mood whether she wants to have snow or not, hitting the slopes in Massachusetts ski areas is the perfect winter activity for those who enjoy skiing or snowboarding. The ski areas in Massachusetts make and groom snow daily so the mountains are always covered with some fresh powder.

2. The Boston Beanpot Tournament

Calling all sports fans out there, if you’re looking for a fierce competitive sports games with intense rivalries on the ice the annual Boston Beanpot Hockey Tournament might just be right down your alley. The Beanpot Tournament includes Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University and Northeastern University against each other.  BU holds the most amount of trophies-expect the tournament to be action-packed as BC and Northeastern each try and take home the championship.

1. Celebrate Super Bowl Sunday

This is one of the most exciting Sundays of the year. Although it is a little bit heart breaking that the New England Patriots will not be competing in the Super Bowl this year, it is still a great chance to hangout with friends, eat some great food, have some drinks, watch the game and enjoy each others company. It is a great bonding experience, and even if you’re not really into football you can still join the fun with the other fans anywhere that there is a big screen!

Talia is a Communications major with a concentration in sports at Lasell College. Future crazy cat lady and Beyonce fanatic.