clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Senior’s Thoughts On Entering The Final Semester Of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Well, the time has finally come. Seniors: you have reached your final semester of college. This is just the beginning of the most exciting, stressful, emotional semester of your life. Your whole life has lead up to the point of your college graduation when you finally enter into the real world, and that point is only a few short months away.

Your time is probably consumed by thoughts of where you will live after graduation, how you’re going to afford to live, where you will work, and looming student loans. You are all too familiar with the questions “so, are you ready to graduate?”, “what are your plans after graduation??”, and “have you started looking for a job yet???”. They mean well and are just excited for you, but the constant inquiring never fails to send you into a mini state of panic. You’re now very aware of what your peers are doing with their lives and it seems as though everyone is suddenly engaged, getting great job offers, or moving into their first real home. You’re probably starting to question everything you’ve done the past four years and if you are actually ready to be a real adult in the “real world”.

Whatever you are feeling, you’re not alone. Here are quotes from some college seniors who are going through the same roller coaster of feelings.

We’re approaching one hundred days until graduation which is terrifying to think that we’re so close. I feel like we were just freshmen yesterday but it’s incredible to see how different everyone is and how much our lives and career paths have changed. It’ll be interesting to look back in five years and see how everyone has changed. – Alex

Part of me is excited for everything we finally get to be a part of, but at the same time it’s terrifying knowing I have to be an adult and be on my own without the majority of my friends after these next four months. – Bridget

I didn’t think I would get sick of the question “what are you doing after college”, but it got old fast. I have had a countdown on my phone to graduation since the summer and I cannot wait to start the next chapter of my life, no matter how unpredictable or scary it will be. – Madeline

As a high school senior I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. As a college senior, I’m very confused all the time. Regardless, I’m actually excited to see how I figure it out. Scared, but excited. – Jose

As scary/exciting as this time is, we’re all in this together *cue High School Musical soundtrack*. It’s time to make the most of these last few months before we take the first step into the rest of our lives.