Senioritis: How to Deal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s that time of the year: no motivation and no energy to do anything. Senioritis hits hard, and when it does, it’s hard to get out of the everlasting slump you feel like you’re in. Here are some tips to help all those struggling second semester seniors out there.

1. Organization & Time Management

Make lists of things you need to get done, including school work, emailing and making phone calls, cleaning your dorm room, grocery shopping, etc., and when you need to get those things done in order of importance and due dates. This is a great skill to have because it lends a mental picture of all the activities you need to get done without forgetting any or leaving them until last minute.

2. Take care of yourself

The best way to stay sane during your last and probably busiest and most stressful semester of college is to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. As much as doing everything you need to do, you need to take time for yourself and take care of yourself so that you don’t easily get run down, sick, or too exhausted to function. Taking a night off from going out with friends can easily boost your mood, energy, and overall happiness. Everyone needs a break once in awhile; try:

• Face masks

• Taking a nap

• Reading a good book

• Drinking herbal tea

• Listening to music

• Working out

• Taking a walk or drive

• Meditating/yoga

• Having a girls/guys night and order takeout and treat yourself

3. Set aside an hour every day to job hunt

We all know getting a job after graduation is a huge deal and something we all strive for.  Instead of waiting until summer to apply, take an hour every day or every other day to search for jobs online and start filling out applications slowly but surely to lessen the burden at the end of semester when you will be focusing on finishing classes, finals, and spending time with friends.

Good luck seniors!

I am a junior Fashion Merchandising student from Stamford, CT. I have been writing for Her Campus since the beginning of spring semester, and am on the field hockey team, in the mini and Undergrad fashion shows,participate in Relay for Life yearly and Lasell's Senior Citizen's Prom,  and am a peer writing tutor in the AAC. At home I work at an ice rink and am a camp counselor for kids teaching hockey lessons, which is one of my favorite sports. I like working out, writing, listening to music, and going into Boston whenever I can.