Sabrina the Teenage Witch Reboot in the Works

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Even before Riverdale premiered, there was talk that another character from the Archie Universe, teenage witch Sabrina Spellman would make an appearance. Some even thought that her meddling magic would be the catalyst of a zombie apocalypse in Riverdale. While it doesn’t look like Archie and the gang will be fighting off the undead anytime soon, it was announced that the CW is developing a reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but with a twist.

Image from archiecomics.com

The series, titled Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after the Archie Comic book series of the same name features your favorite half-mortal, half-witch but with a much darker plot. In the same vein of horror classics like The Exorcist and Rosemary’s Baby, Sabrina will have to grapple with her two identities and the evil forces that threaten her family and friends. The show will be written and executive produced by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, and Greg Berlanti serves as another executive producer, both from Riverdale. Hopefully Chilling Adventures of Sabrina will be part of the 2018-2019 season. Perhaps we might get a Riverdale x Chilling Adventures of Sabrina crossover? Maybe even Josie and the Pussycats or Jughead Jones will get their own spin-offs one day.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.