Reasons Why Marshall and Lily from HIMYM are Forever #GOALS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Marshall and Lily are arguably the greatest power couple of all time. They’re funny, relatable and real AF, especially in a world that provides unrealistic expectations for how relationships should work. For a fictional couple, Marshall and Lily give great relationship advice.

They’re best friends first.

Above all else, Lily and Marshall are best friends and it’s always important to find a S/O who can be your best friend, because who else will talk about crazy theories you get at 2 a.m. or watch your favorite movie even though they hate it?

They know when to put an argument on pause.

Lily and Marshall are known for putting an argument on “pause” when one of them needs a break. This is actually super effective and helpful so that you and your S/O can let off steam or think about the situation. Because above all you love each other, and an argument won’t change that in the long term.

They’re totally goofy.

From matching couples Halloween costumes ( Lily as Sonny and Marshall as Cher obviously) ,cheesy yet adorable nicknames, and coming up with a new fake last name to the infamous Olive theory, Marshall and Lily can have fun and be silly together. All hail Marshmallow and Lilypad aka Mr and Mrs. Awesome.

They met in college.

Lily and Marshall met on their first day of college while moving in and they give us some hope of finding the coolest person to fall in love with. From the moment they met (um… they were hallmates!), to when Marshall asked Lily out via ukulele ballad, Marshall and Lily’s college years are ones for the books.

They know and trust each other 100 percent.

Lily and Marshall win when it comes to trust and honesty, they always try to tell each other the truth and how they’re feeling. It even got to a point where they read each other’s minds (ultimate goals if you ask me). And they compromise at the end so everyone is winning.

There are many more reasons why Marshall and Lily are the perfect couple, but these are just a few. Not only are they a good power couple, but they’re great friends to Ted, Robin and Barney. They always stay goofy and positive and are living their best lives. Mr. and Mrs Awesome forever!