Pop Albums to Watch Out For This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

There are plenty of new albums being released this fall, especially in pop music. Reigning pop stars who have been absent from music are back with new records, and these are the ones you should definitely watch out for and listen to.

1.  Demi Lovato – Confident, October 16

The ex-Disney princess released her last album, Demi, in 2013. While that album was mostly about recovery and getting better, Lovato’s newest is about, well, confidence. She released her hit song, “Cool For the Summer”, after a long couple of years of touring and no new music. However, even with her absence Confident will definitely make Lovatics happy to hear her powerhouse vocals again on a new record.

2. 5 Seconds of Summer – Sounds Good Looks Good, October 23

Thanks to One Direction bringing them on tour twice, 5SOS has had a few successful years. Their sophomore album is coming out and their devoted fans are more than excited for it to arrive. 5SOS’ pop-punk sound, thanks to bands like Good Charlotte and Blink-182, will live on in this album, and it should be just as successful as their first.

3. Little Mix – Get Weird, November 6

The ladies of Little Mix are following up from their 2013 sophomore album, Salute, with a bang. After creating an entire third album, they scrapped it and started new, and Get Weird was the finished product. Their hit single, “Black Magic”, has been on the top of the charts since its release in May, and they’ve just released another single from the album titled “Love Me Like You”. Hopefully there will be plenty of girl-power anthems on this record, just like the last two.

4. One Direction – Made in the AM, November 13

This is 1D’s fifth album, and their first after member Zayn Malik departed earlier this year. It is sure to be different without Malik’s high notes and smooth voice, but their recently-released singles “Drag Me Down” and “Infinity” have proved to be extremely successful with only four voices featured. Made in the AM will be competing with Bieber’s release on the same day, but surely with a yearlong break looming overhead, One Direction will conquer the charts before they go on hiatus.

5. Justin Bieber – title not released yet, November 13

While Bieber’s latest album, Believe, was released back in 2012, he has not been absent from the media. He has gone through a lot of trouble and controversy, but he is finally back with new music. With already-released hit singles like “Where Are U Now” and “What Do You Mean”, this comeback album is sure to be a hit with Beliebers.

Danie is a 2018 graduate of Lasell College. She served as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Lasell for two years, and wrote all four years. Danie also worked for Her Campus as a Community Management intern for two semesters, and was a National Feature Writer for six months. Danie studied Communication with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations. She is currently seeking opportunities in the editorial or music industry. Follow her on all platforms at @raniedoberts and check out her website, raniedoberts.com.