Natalie Kfoury: Editor of the Chronicle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Natalie Kfoury, senior, is a driving force for Lasell College. Hailing from New Hampshire, she’s a New England native with a passion for her Communication major. With a double concentration in Journalism and Public Relations and a minor in English, it’s easy to see why Kfoury became connected with Lasell’s newspaper The 1851 Chronicle.

Starting out as a freshman at the Chronicle, she focused on arts and entertainment and as a sophomore became coeditor-in-chief of the entire paper; she continues to hold that title as a senior. As co-editor, Kfoury oversees all writers, editors, meetings and keeps in contact with the administration. With a large staff that spans across an array of majors, this is sincere dedication.

But that’s not all. Kfoury has also been closely involved in the Center for Community Based Learning (CCBL). Since sophomore year, she has worked to promote events and outreach using her P.R skills to send out only the best of the best.

She embraces the idea of Lasell’s connected learning. When asked how she feels she has most positively affected life at Lasell she said “Helping people improve their editing, writing and design skills beyond the classroom.” She elaborated on this mentioning that one of the best parts of the job was helping to prepare students for jobs beyond Lasell. 

As a junior she discovered her passion for non-profit. Working as an intern for Rosie’s Place in Boston, Kfoury learned the ins and outs of how communications and giving back can go hand-in-hand.  As a senior she is currently interning at the Boston Globe focusing on High School and College sports. 

After college, Kfoury plans to get back into the world of non-profit doing public relations her favorite New England city, Portland.

Kfoury is a true Laser at heart and believes Lasell is a place where “If students want to improve themselves, they can”. 

Haleigh West is an Honor's Student majoring in Fashion Design with a double minor in Environmental Studies and Studio Art. Her articles are centered around sexual awareness and relationship advice, with the occasional piece focusing on social justice from a feminist perspective. Outside of HerCampus, she runs Lasell's chapter of Active Minds, an organization dedicated to ending the stigma of mental illness on campus, and is an avid hiker who never stops exploring.As a self proclaimed "equalist" she is determined to live in a world where all are created equal. Free of sexism, free of racism, free of all stigma. A truly free world.