Myranda Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The Campus Cutie for this week is the lovely Myranda Smith. Smith is a junior at Lasell who takes the concept of “getting involved” seriously. She’s the RA in Briggs House, president of the tennis club, vice president for the junior class, event manager for the Lasell College blood drives, manager for America Reads and America Counts, and a peer mentor for the leadership first year seminar. She is also a leadership scholar, which has prompted her to get involved throughout her years at Lasell.

On top of all of the activities she participates in, Smith is still able to stay on top of schoolwork. She majors in hospitality and event management with a minor in coaching. “In order to stay on top of my work, I really focus on prioritizing and time management,” she said. One major life goal that Smith has is to make a difference. She applies this goal to everything she does in life, and this is truly visible to those who know her.

Smith is from Webster, Massachusetts. When asked why she chose Lasell, she said “I saw many opportunities at Lasell that would help me further myself and reach my life goals.” Last year at the leadership banquet, Smith was presented with the Student Leader of the Year award. She said laughing, “When the award was being presented, I was shocked. I had absolutely no idea it was going to be me. It made me feel like everything I’ve been working at has truly been recognized by others.” Smith loves Lasell College and feels that the faculty, staff, and her peers believe in her one hundred percent with everything that she does.

This brunette beauty is a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan. You’ll often see her on campus wearing her Packers beanie and sweatshirt. Her love for country music showcases her more relaxed and simple side. Although Smith prefers simplicity, some of her responses do suggest otherwise. “Fun fact: I’ve been skydiving! Oh…and I can lick my nose.” She’s always smiling and laughing and attempting to encourage others to do the same.

In response to the famous Campus Cutie question about the perfect date, she said, “My perfect date would be a trip to the movies, to get hot chocolate, or to just drive to a beach during sunset and sit on a blanket wrapped up by the water. I really just enjoy the little things. I don’t need anything fancy.”