My Experience at Condé Nast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For those who don’t know what Condé Nast is, it’s a premier media company where magazines are organized and produced.  Not just any magazine though–most big name ones such as Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, and W –are owned by the company (just to name a few).  On a school field trip this past semester, I had the opportunity to actually visit The World Trade Center and go into their one building, where Condé Nast is located.  One of Lasell’s very own, who graduated just a few years back, actually works there as a fashion assistant for Brides magazine and gave a few of us fashion communication students the grand tour.                 When we first walked in, I was VERY overwhelmed.  Working in a place like this is one of my goals as a career, and entering the building just felt very surreal.  We got to first sit in a meeting room where herself and a few others that worked in the building discussed what day-to-day life was like.  In addition, she showed us two issues of Brides and revealed the behind the scenes of each photo shoot she was a part of; all of this, to me, sounded like a dream come true. After that, she took us upstairs to the fashion closet, which is where they keep all of the props and outfits for photo shoots that are held in studio.  This included wedding dresses, heels, fake cakes, fancy stationery, and anything you would need in a wedding. After experiencing the fashion closet, we were taken downstairs to the photo studio, the place where the in-house photo shoots were done.  To me, as a photographer, this was the absolute best part.  I felt like a kid in a candy store with all of the lights and camera equipment in sight.             This trip was very overwhelming to say the least, but it definitely affirmed everything I wanted to do as a career after my time at Lasell.  This was an amazing experience that I was so thankful to have the opportunity to attend.    

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.