This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is Lasell’s own man of mystery, Matt Bogey. Hailing from Woodstock, New York, Bogey came to Lasell with his passion for literature in tow. He’s continued to fuel that passion with a major in English focusing in Creative Writing, a perfect fit for his theatrical flair and dark sense of humor. English isn’t simply his major, it’s part of his lifestyle. His free time is spent reading dystopian novels, with a preference for Cormac McCarthy’s work. His plans for the not so far away future include becoming a professor, after completing grad school preferably back in New York. 

He hasn’t had the traditional college experience, deciding after his first few semesters to travel to San Diego, California and have an adventure. Returning to Lasell this past fall, Bogey once again decided against the traditional college lifestyle and began work as a live-in nanny just down the road.

His past experiences at Lasell have included theatre and chorus, but the most recent sightings of him have been on the rugby field. Off the field, he’s musically inclined with a preference for playing banjo and bass. But don’t be fooled by his seemingly stoic nature. He’s human just like the rest of us. Proven by the fact that on any given day, he’ll be seen napping on the chairs outside Brennan Library.  

As for the romantic side of things, an ideal date for a gentleman of his caliber would include tickets to “Iron and Wine”. Followed, of course, by whatever shenanigans fate decides to throw out into the universe. 

Suffice to say, Matt Bogey is a modern day renaissance man who is tied not to one passion, but many. An athlete, an academic, an artist, he’s an everything man. One who is bound for a life of intrigue and adventure. 

Photos courtesy of Cutie

Haleigh West is an Honor's Student majoring in Fashion Design with a double minor in Environmental Studies and Studio Art. Her articles are centered around sexual awareness and relationship advice, with the occasional piece focusing on social justice from a feminist perspective. Outside of HerCampus, she runs Lasell's chapter of Active Minds, an organization dedicated to ending the stigma of mental illness on campus, and is an avid hiker who never stops exploring.As a self proclaimed "equalist" she is determined to live in a world where all are created equal. Free of sexism, free of racism, free of all stigma. A truly free world.