Marching to Her Own Bea(t): Bea Boisvert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

There is no question why Bea Boisvert is one of HC Lasell’s “Baddest Females on Campus,” or why she’s an overall favorite to the community of Lasell. She’s the go-to spokeswoman for many who have felt ignored or outcasted, particularly in the commuter community. She represents these members of campus on Student Government Association as their well-chosen president, in addition to being part of the Long Distance Lasers (the commuter club on campus) and being very much involved in the works of the Donahue Institute of Diversity and Inclusion, the Fuss Center and International Services.

She holds a passion for working to make the environment of Lasell a better place for those who face adversity. In her first year as a resident on campus, she felt unwelcome and ready to transfer, but instead decided to face the challenge head on. Switching to the commuter life resulted in her not only staying at Lasell, but working towards changing the feel of campus for those feeling the same way.

Her work with the Donahue Institute is to get commuters, like herself, actively involved on-campus. Whether it means pulling their attention to events such as speakers on current issues, or simply getting them to join Long Distance Lasers. Boisvert wants to make Lasell a place where people, resident or not, are known by their name, not just a face.

Boisvert has a bright future ahead of her in the world of public policy. She hopes to reform policies in colleges in similar ways that she has worked to reform the atmosphere of Lasell. No small feat, but if anyone can make a positive change, she’s the one to do so.

This big city woman is ready to keep making changes. Not simply for herself, but for any and all who feel like they’ve been left on the outside looking in.

Best of luck, Bea, but with that drive and work ethic, there’s no need for it.

Photo provided by Celeb.
Haleigh West is an Honor's Student majoring in Fashion Design with a double minor in Environmental Studies and Studio Art. Her articles are centered around sexual awareness and relationship advice, with the occasional piece focusing on social justice from a feminist perspective. Outside of HerCampus, she runs Lasell's chapter of Active Minds, an organization dedicated to ending the stigma of mental illness on campus, and is an avid hiker who never stops exploring.As a self proclaimed "equalist" she is determined to live in a world where all are created equal. Free of sexism, free of racism, free of all stigma. A truly free world.