Makeup, Fashion, and Nail Trends For Spring 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As spring is starting to come around, we are all looking to brighten up our style with new makeup and nail trends. Here are some fun ideas to step up your style.

• Bright and almond-shaped nails

Bright nails are always a must when getting ready for spring. Finding a color that goes with your skin tone can brighten your appearance and mood too. When it comes to shape, find the one that looks best on you. Almond-shaped nails are a new trend that make your fingers and nails look longer.

• Layering

Spring sometimes is still a little chilly, and layering is a great idea to stay at the perfect temperature. Wearing a light shirt with a flannel or jean jacket is a great look to stay warm and be fashionable at the same time, while still being able to remove them as needed.

• Light eyeshadows and lips

Wearing shimmery eyeshadows with liner and neutral or peachy-colored lips are great spring/summer colors to brighten your complexion and skin tone for the warmer weather coming.

• Sunglasses

No outfit is complete without sunglasses for a bright sunny day. Find a style and frames that fit your face such as rounded, square, or cat eye to complete your look.

• Jewelry

Adding jewelry to an outfit can completely change your look. Add chunky or skinny bracelets and rings to your outfit to complete any look. Wrap-around bracelets that layer your wrist are a great spring look.

Happy spring!

I am a junior Fashion Merchandising student from Stamford, CT. I have been writing for Her Campus since the beginning of spring semester, and am on the field hockey team, in the mini and Undergrad fashion shows,participate in Relay for Life yearly and Lasell's Senior Citizen's Prom,  and am a peer writing tutor in the AAC. At home I work at an ice rink and am a camp counselor for kids teaching hockey lessons, which is one of my favorite sports. I like working out, writing, listening to music, and going into Boston whenever I can.