Kyle’s Korner: Tristan Thompson, We Were Rooting for You!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In the beginning of the month, all Kardashian fans, myself included, were eagerly waiting for Khloe Kardashian to give birth to her first child. Sadly, this time was ruined with allegations of Tristan Thompson cheating on Kardashian while she is pregnant. Thompson was seen in New York City kissing a woman at the club, then taking her back to his hotel. This was caught on video, as well as photos, by paparazzi and other club goers, leaving very little for Thompson to deny. This was all happening while Kardashian was in Cleveland (where Thompson plays basketball) waiting to give birth to their daughter, True Thompson, born on April 12.

After this, videos then surfaced of Thompson in a hookah lounge in Washington, D.C. getting cozy to two different women. Videos showed Thompson kissing these women and touching them. The two women from D.C. came forward, one claimed they had a relationship for a few months before she broke it off. She claimed to not know him and Kardashian was serious, and broke it off when the rumors surfaced she was expecting a child with Thompson. The other woman claims to be pregnant with Thompson’s child. It is rumored that he cheated on Kardashian with five different women.

This also is not the first time he allegedly cheated on a pregnant woman. I don’t know much about this, but Thompson had his first child about a year and a half ago with a then-girlfriend. He apparently left his first baby mama for Kardashian before she even gave birth to their child. I mean Khloe, girlfriend, there is one red flag. All I can say is the saying, “you lose them how you get them”. I did not know of this information, however, until right before the cheating allegations were released.

This news was a shock to all Kardashian fans, and even non-fans. Kardashian’s past “enemies”, like Amber Rose, even commented on the rumors. Amber Rose extended sympathy and support to Kardashian, stating, “I know we’ve had our differences in the past but my heart is broken for you, sis. Smh, no one deserves to feel that pain especially during such a sensitive time. God bless you and your baby.” Khloe supporters booed Thompson at his basketball games, and even made signs in support for Kardashian. People also were calling for Kardashian to give her not-born-yet daughter her own last name instead of Thompson.

Everyone knows that Khloe deserves a good man, especially after her rocky relationship with ex-husband Lamar. She worked so hard to make that relationship work, but there was a point where she learned that she cannot heal Lamar, and had to let him go. We all thought Thompson was “the one”. We were so relieved to see Kardashian so happy again after her hard relationships in the past, and we were all even more excited to see Kardashian bringing a child into the world with the man she loved. Kardashian always wanted to be a mother, and always wanted to have a family. Kardashian is known for being a giver, and a caretaker, in relationships, and would do anything to make a relationship work out. Kardashian trusted him, and Thompson betrayed that. Thompson betrayed ALL of us! We believed in their relationship, we were happy for them, and now we are outraged.

It is unknown whether or not Kardashian and Thompson are still in a relationship, but Kardashian recently posted on Instagram her birth announcement calling the three of them “a family”, and also stating “mommy and daddy love you”. I’ve heard rumors, however, that once she is mobile, Kardashian and her daughter will leave to live in Los Angeles. Kardashian and Thompson had plans on raising their child in Cleveland together.

Keep your head up Khloe! We are all rooting for you. You know what is best for yourself and your child.

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.