Jennessa Agnew: On Her Way to the White House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This year the Student Government Association is led by senior, Jennessa Agnew. Since her freshman year of high school, Agnew has been involved with school politics. She has been involved with the Student Government Association (SGA) since her freshman year. As a freshman she was a Senator, sophomore year she was the Vice President of Financial Affairs, and this year she is President. 

As President of SGA, Agnew has many responsibilities.

“I oversee the productivity of meetings and members of SGA through creating agendas for each meetings,” Agnew said. 

She also has the responsibility of meeting with President Alexander once a month to discuss what SGA is working on and must sit in on committees such as the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, to make sure that Lasell students have a voice. 

SGA has had a huge part in making a difference on campus. Thanks to SGA, we have Take 3 at Boomer’s Grill and more options at Take 3 in the Glow Lounge, more hours at the fitness center, an improved  symposium program, and SGA was responsible for the gender neutral housing taking place at East this year for the first time.

Currently, SGA is uncertain about their plans for the future. However, they are certain that they will always be here for the students of Lasell College. Agnew wants to let the student body know that they can always come to SGA with any concerns or problems with the College. After college, Jennessa would like to continue to have a role in politics. 

“I hope to be a press secretary for a governor, member of congress, or a senator and years later I can see myself run for office at local levels.”

SGA meets every Wednesday at 6:00 P.M. on the 2nd floor of the Arnow Campus Center.