Inexpensive Makeup Brands You Might Not Have Known About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Who said beauty has to be expensive? These brands, some from online and some from the drugstore, will change the way you look at inexpensive makeup. These products, even though low-priced, can be as good, if not better, than high-end products. These brands are revolutionizing the industry and giving brands like Dior, Too Faced, and Tarte Cosmetics a run for their money.

Colourpop

Colourpop is a brand that was established in 2014, but is taking the beauty world by storm. Colourpop sells pigmented, unique products at the lowest prices. Colourpop prides itself on giving their customers high quality products that are wallet-friendly and cruelty free. Colourpop started off selling unique, soft, creamy “supershock” eye shadows and pigments for just $5 a piece. The brand then released lipsticks, lip liners, and liquid lipsticks for low prices (for $5-$6 a piece). Now, the brand sells concealers, powder eyeshadow palettes, blushes, highlights, and much more. The highest price item on their website is still under $20, what could be better than that?

Makeup Geek

Makeup Geek is another online brand that was created to bring low-priced, high-quality makeup to their consumers. Marlena Stell, known as “Makeup Geek” on YouTube, started this brand in 2011 to bring herself and her followers makeup that is free of parabens, talc, and other bad things for skin. Stell sells numerous different types of products, and is working on expanding her brand even more. Currently, Stell has produced eyeshadow pans, face powders like blushes, brozners, highlights, and contour powders, lip products, and brushes for a low price. These products are beautifully pigmented and creamy as well. Makeup Geek also sells vegan makeup brushes starting at $10.   

Morphe

Morphe is a brand that grew popularity over the last year and a half for their brushes and eyeshadow palettes. Morphe is known for having high quality brushes for a inexpensive price. Their brushes are compared to M.A.C. brushes and Sigma brushes, but at least half the price. Morphe was established in 2008 and currently brushes and products for the eyes, face, and lips. Morphe also has its own store locations in California and are planning on adding more store locations across the country.

Wet N Wild

A more commonly found brand, Wet N Wild was founded in 1979 and is known for having the best priced cosmetics found in the drugstore. They sell everything from primers, to foundations, concealers, and highlights. The brand also has a brush line as well. All of their products are vegan. They are mostly known for having an amazing $6 foundation, $3 blushes, and $5 highlights. You will often find their shelves cleared at your local drugstore, and might have to order your favorite things online.  

Real Techniques

Real Techniques is a British brush line. Started by YouTubers and sisters Samantha and Nicola Chapman, Real Techniques was created in 2011 after gaining popularity on YouTube. The price of the Real Techniques brushes range from $40 for a brush set, to $5 for one brush. These brushes could be found at multiple drugstores, Walmart, Ulta Beauty, and other similar stores throughout the country.

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.