Harry Styles’ Kiwi: Kids, Cupcakes, and Puppies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

On Nov. 8, Harry Styles dropped his much anticipated music video for “Kiwi”, his newest music video since “Sign of the Times” was released last spring. In this video, a group of children are seen preparing for a food fight, while Styles sings in the background, not seen. The main child shares a suit with Styles and brings cupcakes to the food fight, where she and the rest of the kids throw various cakes and sweets at each other. Towards the end of the video, Styles comes in to join the food fight, carrying a puppy! Honestly, there are few things better than Harry Styles and puppies, so I appreciated this mix. Styles unleashes a bunch of dogs into the room, where they eat the rest of the sweets that the children are throwing, and the video ends soon after, with Styles standing with the children and leaving the video with a small smirk.

After watching the video for the first time, I was left feeling a little confused, because I was unsure how the concept matched the song, but I appreciated the creativity and innocence behind the video. For a song that is a little risque and flashy with lyrics like “I’m having your baby… none of your business,” Styles made the video extremely innocent and incredibly adorable. The matching suits with the young girl, as well as her long dark hair alluding to his luscious locks during One Direction, also add an endearing touch to the video, especially considering he had a custom-made Gucci suit made for her. I really enjoyed the puppies and how Styles chose to work with a bunch of sweet and cute kids for a music video rather than adults. Even though the video doesn’t really relate to the song, I still enjoy the video. Hopefully you do too! 

Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.