Fo Mū Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Interested in going vegan, but still want to enjoy sweets? Or are you simply trying to cut dairy out? Coconut milk ice cream is the newest vegan trend that’s sweeping the Boston area.  THE place to go for this is Fo Mū ice cream, located in Allston.

First established in 2011, the brand not only has awesome tasting vegan products, but the local company is committed to sustainability, community, and food awareness. All of the products are made from organic, vegan materials and all from scratch.  Even if not vegan, this place is worth the trip for its urban atmosphere.  The staff is extremely friendly and can give any sample of all the flavors.  

Depending on the season, they also have differing ice cream flavors, such as Bourbon Maple Walnut and Salted Caramel.  Some of their classic flavors that are super good are Cookies and Cream and Fresh Mint Chunk.  One daring flavor that is worth the try is Avocado, made from hand-smashed avocados, tangy lime, and of course, coconut milk.

Not in the mood for ice cream? Fo Mū not only has high quality ice cream, but also high quality and vegan baked goods and café selections.  Magic Bars are one of their most popular baked good treat, resembling 7 Layer Bars and playing more on the coconut that they use in multiple products.  They also offer varying cookies, brownies, and cakes.  The café offers coffee drinks and smoothies, varying from season to season.

Overall, Fo Mū was worth the trip and definitely is to be visited again.  Their vegan ice cream tastes just like real ice cream, but is a healthier alternative. They have three locations in the Boston area, accessible by public transportation: 481 Cambridge St in Allston, 617 Centre St in Jamaica Plain, and 655 Tremont St in the South End. If you would like to learn more, check out their website.

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.