Flashnotes: The Finals Week Savior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Wondering how you can spend less time worrying about what to study and more time actually studying? Look no further! Flashnotes.com is a Boston-based startup company that allows college students to buy and sell study guides, notes, flashcards, video tutorials, and live video help. Founded by recent Kent State University grad, Mike Matousek, the company’s mission is to “ease the woes of local college students by providing [them] access to the best study materials made by [their classmates].” Flashnotes.com has a Pays2Study™ approach that lets smart students make money off their study materials while allowing other students to “study smarter to get better grades.”

The concept is simple. When accessing the website you are given two options—to buy or to sell materials. After making an account online, of which you can either use an email or link to your Facebook page, you either search for your school and class name (if you are buying study materials) or you upload your study guides and notes (if you are selling study materials). After uploading your materials you set a price and watch the money roll in. Payday is every Friday at 5pm, so you have the entire weekend to decide what to do with your stash of cash! 

Many students fail to purchase textbooks for college due to the insane cost of the materials, which is why flashnotes.com is so helpful. The average chapter study guide costs just $8! So you think flashnotes.com is too good to be true? Top student seller Tony, from Florida State University, knows just how profitable this market is. Tony has earned almost $12,000 from selling his study materials on flashnotes.com! Want to find out more about this awesome startup company? Check out flashnotes.com for more information. Happy studying!

A self-proclaimed fashionista, Miranda is currently a Sophomore in the Honors Program at Lasell College, majoring in Fashion Communication & Promotion, and minoring in Event Management. She hopes to someday be employed as an editor or stylist at a fashion magazine. This New Hampshirite's love for all things fast-paced, food and fashion is what brought her to the city of Boston. In her spare time Miranda enjoys trying out new restaurants and shopping on Newbury Street with her boyfriend. She is an editor at POLISHED, a Boston based fashion and culture magazine, and a front desk agent at the Boston Newton Marriott.