Family, Friends and Alumni Weekend Perfomance Showcase Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

*Image from lasellalumni.org

Family, Friends and Alumni Weekend is right around the corner. While there are many events going on, the one that cannot be missed is the Student Performance Showcase in the Athletic Center on October 15. Here, performance groups like the Lasell Spartones, the Pulse dance team, Chorus, Drama Club and the Cheer team will be able to show the Lasell community what they are working on with help from the Hospitality Club.  Admission is free, but it is recommended that you register in advance here on the Lasell Alumni website.

The performance groups can’t wait to show what the new school year has in store. The Spartones are excited for you to hear their rendition of “Closer” by the Chainsmokers.

“We’re excited for our new members to get the experience of performing for our campus,” said JR Costello, founding member. The Spartones aren’t the only group with new material. Chorus will be debuting two new songs they’ve been working on since the start of the school year.

“I can’t wait for the freshmen to experience their first college performance,” said Lily Anderson, a member of Chorus. She is also playing the lead, Veronica Sawyer, in the Drama Club’s production of “Heathers: the Musical.”

“I’m excited to show the audience a sneak peak of the musical and for my parents to hear Spencer [Hill] and I sing ‘Seventeen’!” said Anderson.  Along with the duet, the Drama Club with also be performing the group number “Shine a Light.”

Make sure to register online and mark the date in your calendar, because this is one event you will not want to miss!  

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.