A Disney Movie for Every College Student Struggle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As students, we go through a lot of emotions and difficult situations. If there is any way to feel better, it is hands-down curling up with a great Disney movie. Here is a list of the best movies for whatever life throws your way.

1. Stressed out with homework? Alice in Wonderland

​​Sometimes too much homework can make you feel like you just want to run away to a different world (especially if the book you have to read has no pictures).  

Honorable Mentions= Monsters University

2.  Friend Drama? The Cheetah Girls

Sad but true: even your favorite Disney girl group had tons of heartbreaking girl drama. Yet, they found a way to overcome it, giving young women major friendship goals.

Honorable mentions- Lilo and Stitch, Toy Story

3.  Homesick? Finding Nemo

This movie is always great to help you remember where you came from. You’ll appreciate it so much more when you do finally get back from being out in the big blue or in this case, college.

Honorable Mentions: The Hannah Montana Movie, Finding Dory, Into The Woods

4. Feeling like you have lost control of your emotions? Inside Out

Being in college can sometimes feel like a roller coaster of emotions until your head feels like it might explode. Inside Out shows us it will all be okay at the end of the day.

Honorable mentions- Smart House

5. Feeling forever single? Brave

The feelings of loneliness can sometimes hit the worst in college when all of your friends seem to be getting into relationships and you’re not. If there is one lesson we can learn from Disney’s Brave, it’s that you don’t need a man to be happy or successful.

Honorable Mentions: Mulan, Cinderella

6. Feeling like you aren’t good enough for this? Zootopia

Everyone in college sometimes feels like they aren’t doing the right thing in life whether it be your major, social life, or extracurriculars. Zootopia shows us that no matter how many times you feel completely defeated, if you keep telling yourself that you can do anything then you will succeed.   

Honorable mentions: Oz the great and Powerful, Pocahontas, Sky High

7. Feeling like no one understands you? The Little Mermaid

One of the hardest things about college is feeling like you have to find yourself and that no one really gets you. The Little Mermaid is proof that someone out there feels how you feel and that one day you will be where you are meant to be.

Honorable Mentions- Saving Mr. Banks, The Jungle Book, The Princess and The Frog, Wreck it Ralph

8. Feeling independent? Tangled

One of the best feelings in college is the feeling that you are finally your own person and you don’t have anyone telling you what to do. Tangled expresses the feeling of bliss that is freedom and entrance into the real world.

Honorable mentions – The Chronicles of Narnia, Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior

9. Feeling scared of becoming an adult? The Lion King

Sometimes in college, all that independence and being your own person can also be scary. The Lion King shows us the bittersweet reality that is growing up and having responsibilities and not having your parents there anymore.

Honorable  Mentions- The Princess Diaries, Peter Pan

Photos: Pixabay.com

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.