College Fashion Week Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

On Saturday, Sept. 23, Her Campus kicked off College Fashion Week right here in Boston at the Royale. The Royale was transformed into something you would see at a high-end fashion event, with a catwalk cutting down the center of the room. Along with the runway, College Fashion Week also featured six different interactive booths for guests to check out in between shows.

The booths included Her Campus’ hcxo.shop pop up, featuring discounts on apparel and accessories. You could also get a badass tattoo at Her Campus’ temporary tattoo parlor. At the Ulta Beauty booth guests could choose between an eye or hair look and enter to win a $300 beauty bag. Over at the Bedhead booth, guests could check out some of their hair products and get a custom fashion sketch. With the help of StudentUniverse, guests could travel to fashion capitals such as Milan, L.A. or Tokyo without even leaving the Royale, thanks to a green screen photobooth. Primark, who closed off the runway show, also had a closet where guests could check out plenty of affordable fashion from their latest collection. After all the fun, guests were able to cool down with drinks from Spindrift.

The fashion show included brands from the Foray Collective, which features up and coming designers mixed with pieces from headlining sponsor Primark. The first collection XIX Palms featured dark florals for a sweet yet edgy transition into fall. The next show was from Vetta whose no fuss, five-piece capsule collection is perfect to mix and match for any occasion. The final featured designer was Cleobella, whose looks included deep colors like burgundy and charcoal. Feminine details like lace and florals are perfect for daytime or date night.

Primark ended the night launching their Fall 2017 collection. The collection is all about self-confidence, featuring bold patterns and textures to encourage shoppers to wear whatever they want and rock it!  The runway show also featured Her Campus Lasell’s Events Director Liz Chapman and member Camille Sanchez. Other Lasell students who walked the runway were Valencia Vixama, Hilary Luchetti, Melanie Sunnerberg, Hannah Richards, Allie Jo Amos, Natalia Martins, Haley McGrath, and Kirstie Haines. Her Campus Lasell’s President Corinne Hennessey served as a Her Campus College Fashion Week intern and was a huge part in putting the show together.

At the end of the night, guests walked away with goodie bags worth over $200, which included a PopSugar Must Haves box, makeup from Ulta Beauty and a Primark gift card. Learn more about College Fashion Week here and check out Her Campus on social media (@hercampus) for updates on College Fashion Week NYC which takes place Saturday, Sept. 30!

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.