Clubs You Should Join at Lasell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

A lot of freshmen at Lasell, and students in general, often have a hard time feeling at home in college because they feel like they don’t belong or have a purpose. I felt this way my first semester and the turning point for me was getting involved in a club that I really cared about. It not only allowed me to express something I’m passionate about but I found a definite purpose on campus, a great group of friends, and tons of other awesome opportunities. Here’s a few ideas of some great clubs on campus you should definitely look into (besides Her Campus, of course):

Outdoor Adventure Club:

I hear so much about this club all over campus and I can only imagine they’re as great as everyone says. One of the larger and newer clubs on campus, they’re constantly offering deals on things like white water rafting, indoor skydiving, ski trips, and so many other cool things. The perfect way to get off campus, get to know New England, and find people that like the outdoors, too.

She’s The First* {Lasell}:

When I said the turning point for me was joining a club I care about, this is the club I was talking about which I now have the honor of being vice president of. She’s The First {Lasell} is a chapter of the international non-profit She’s The First, which aims to provide educational scholarships to girls in developing countries that are the first in their families to go to school or finish school. We help in this by putting on fundraisers and events to sponsor girls, including bake sales, mason jar hot chocolate sales, a leadership conference, an International Women’s Month Gala, and a half-marathon.

Student Alumni Association:

Also a very new club, SAA teams up with the Alumni Association to help put on events that connect past Lasers with current Lasell students. Oftentime board members and trustees will act as mentors as part of the program, which lead to several perks for members, including conferences, retreats, and other special events. I am also part of this club and see it as an amazing opportunity to connect with the Lasell community and learn professional skills.

Major-Specific Clubs i.e. Fashion Connection, Tomorrow’s Teachers, Business Club, Psychology Club:

Get to know the people in your major! You’re going to be spending the next several years with roughly the same group of people so why not come together to celebrate something you all have in common? Often times these clubs are times to talk about events happening within your major, volunteer/service opportunities within your field, and other concerning topics.

Now go out there and get involved!