Classes To Take At Lasell: History of Women in the U.S.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

HIST203 History of Women in the U.S.

Although a history class may seem boring, this one will open your eyes to the seldom talked about gender through history. And when Professor Laura Commins is teaching it, you will have the opportunity to expand your learning however you would like. The class begins at the colonial period and ends in the 20th century, and  emphasizes on the image of women during this time, women’s contributions to social change and the growth of women’s movements. Professor Commins never tests, but rather has her students write responses to the readings, with a midterm and final paper on whatever they would like that has to do with women and history (for example, both papers I wrote on female serial killers). Professor Commins gives all of her studens the benefit of learning about important women in our country’s history, without the pressure of knowing the trivial parts.

Taylor is a senior at Lasell majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in sociology. She has happily been a member of Her Campus Lasell for the past two years. This will be her second year as Campus Correspondent. She is also involved with Active Minds on campus. Taylor runs a camp during the summer, and in her free time likes to bake cookies, get swoll at the gym, eat fancy food and travel through Europe.