Celebrities React to Presidential Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Celebrities are normal people and have their own political views.  Thanks to the First Amendment, everyone is allowed to speak their mind.  Ever since the presidential election, celebrities all across America have stood up for their beliefs, whether it be taking it to social media, or standing up in a peaceful protest.  Some public figures were all for Trump becoming the president-elect, but others were hurt.

Ted Nugent

Singer Ted Nugent wrote an article defending Donald Trump.  He believes that Trump should be awarded the Medal of Freedom “for speaking his mind in such a bold, honest and straight-forward manner.”

“Donald Trump’s message sings to Americans because he doesn’t play politically correct brain-dead games,” Nugent says in his article on World Net Daily. “He calls them like he sees them. That’s refreshing to millions of Americans who believe political correctness is a public cancer that has eroded free speech and everything else good about America.”

Wayne Newton

Wayne Newton, an American singer and entertainer, stated on “Fox & Friends” that he thinks Trump would make a great president.

“Number one, he tells the truth,” he said. “Number two, he’s been where most of these guys want to be, in terms of riding on his own plane. He doesn’t have to worry about what hotels he stays in, he doesn’t have to worry about how his family gets to Hawaii, so on and so forth.”

On Twitter he exclaimed, “Trump’s got my vote!” while sharing the picture below.

Lady Gaga

Leading up to election day, Gaga was posting all over social media the importance of voting and what Hillary Clinton can do for this country.

“JUST VOTED! And YOU should too! Every vote counts!” she wrote on Instagram.  “GO HILLARY LETS DO THIS YOU’RE our CHAMPION!”

As soon as it became clear that Donald Trump would win the presidency, Gaga found herself in front of Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York hanging onto a sanitation truck.  Holding a sign that stated “Love Trumps Hate,” she peacefully stood outside to show that she will not let Donald Trump divide us as a country.  She wants the country to focus on love, peace, and acceptance.

Madonna

The Queen of Pop is an outspoken Hillary Clinton supporter and has even reached out to the public with her support for Clinton by performing at a rally for her in New York City.  In the midst of the heated election results, she shared a video of marchers chanting “Not My President.” Madonna, however upset, remained upbeat in the moment, tweeting words of encouragement saying, “We never give up.”     

Katy Perry

Singer Katy Perry urged Americans not to weep as Republican Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton.   She took to Twitter making her profile picture a simple black box, symbolizing that she will not let hate run this country.    

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.