Cailin Flannery: Fashion and Field Hockey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Cailin Flannery is a sophomore Fashion Design major from Medford, N.J. She is on the field hockey team and works in admissions on campus. Flannery credits her grandmother for her love of fashion design.

“I’m incredibly fortunate to be able to pursue an education in a field I truly love,” she said. “I knew I wanted to be involved in fashion since I was a little girl, and my grandma would bring over paper dolls for me to dress up. She’s the reason I am so into fashion and everything creative. Without my grandma, who knows where I would be?”

Another passion of Flannery’s is field hockey. “I had a rough field hockey career in high school, and I had such a bad time that I almost didn’t continue field hockey in college,” she said. “My mom was the one to convince me to give it another shot, to remember the reason I loved to play. I love playing field hockey at Lasell. Everything from my teammates to the coaches really makes me believe this is the place I am supposed to be. Division III athletics allows me to be the athlete I love to be, but to also be a student in a program that I love so much.”

Flannery enjoys exploring Boston, hanging out with friends, going to concerts, and reading. You can always find her in her hometown in a local coffee shop, reading or drawing.

Currently, she is busy working on pieces for Runway 2017 while also balancing classes and sports. She is an extremely talented designer who is sure to go places in the future! 

*Photo courtesy of Cailin Flannery

I am a junior Fashion Merchandising student from Stamford, CT. I have been writing for Her Campus since the beginning of spring semester, and am on the field hockey team, in the mini and Undergrad fashion shows,participate in Relay for Life yearly and Lasell's Senior Citizen's Prom,  and am a peer writing tutor in the AAC. At home I work at an ice rink and am a camp counselor for kids teaching hockey lessons, which is one of my favorite sports. I like working out, writing, listening to music, and going into Boston whenever I can.