Anthony Szol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity was picked because of his overall dedication to Lasell. He came into his freshman year ready to take advantage of every leadership opportunity available and in the past three years, he’s done so with gusto. It is none other than junior, Anthony Szol. 

He’s involved in some of LC’s most prominent clubs and organizations, including Blue Key Society and SGA as Vice President of Financial Affairs.  He said “Getting involved caused me to become a leader on campus, I gained confidence; [I] started with admissions and once I got my foot in the door, it opened up other opportunities.” 

He also participated as an Orientation Leader for 2013 and this past year was given the honor of being Orientation Coordinator for Summer 2014.  Szol’s hardworking attitude was in motion before he came to Lasell, earning him the privilege of being a leadership scholar. When asked how he feels he’s impacted LC he brought up his work with orientation. His biggest accomplishment he says was helping make the transition for students from high school to college more comfortable.  

And still with all of that, he balances one of the toughest majors on campus, Athletic Training (AT). Instead of letting the rigor of an AT major limit his commitment to campus life, Szol embraces the challenge. Including taking on the role of R.A this semester. It’s safe to say that if there’s a job to be done, Szol will be the first one to lend a hand

In high school, he never saw himself as being a leader, and after senior year he was ready to make a change. His determination to make that change brought him to Lasell College ready to make things happen. Which he has a hundred times over; continuing to do so everyday.

He’s been a guide for hundreds of incoming students, spent countless hours working with SGA to better college life and is always there for a friend in need. Anthony Szol embodies the LC spirit on a daily basis. 

Haleigh West is an Honor's Student majoring in Fashion Design with a double minor in Environmental Studies and Studio Art. Her articles are centered around sexual awareness and relationship advice, with the occasional piece focusing on social justice from a feminist perspective. Outside of HerCampus, she runs Lasell's chapter of Active Minds, an organization dedicated to ending the stigma of mental illness on campus, and is an avid hiker who never stops exploring.As a self proclaimed "equalist" she is determined to live in a world where all are created equal. Free of sexism, free of racism, free of all stigma. A truly free world.