Alise Martel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Alise Martel is a freshman at Lasell who is bringing something new to the fashion scene on Lasells’s campus. A fashion design and production major, Martel knows what’s currently trending and can make it affordable for students on campus. Recently, she began to design arm cuffs from an idea she saw on Pinterest and took it from there. “I don’t usually make my own jewelry, my roommate had wire from her 3D design class project and I saw an arm cuff on Pinterest and thought I would try to make one,” Martel said on how everything started.

From that original cuff, she has made many more designs. When numerous offers came from her friends that they would buy them, Martel decided to post her wares on Facebook. She sells a variety of designs and patterns, most cuffs costing between $2-4.

Although business may be slow right now, students have shown interest in her arm cuffs. Either way, keep an eye out for this innovative and creative design production major. Her future is bright.

Caitlin is currently the Campus Correspondent for Lasell College and is anticipating graduation in 2015 from Lasell College with a B.A in communications. She is majoring in communications with a focus in journalism. When not at school she works in retail. When she isn't busy with Her Campus or school work, she enjoys archery, reading, shopping (with an addiction to shoes), and exploring as much as possible. Her favorite books include the whole Harry Potter series, any mystery/ thriller novel, and historical fiction.