sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Things to Do on a Single Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This Valentine’s Day you may be single but doesn’t stop you from having an amazing day.  So take a good 10 minutes to feel sorry for yourself, then get up and get moving!  Get together with your other single friends and enjoy the day!

P.S  Do NOT call your ex.

Pamper yourself!  Whether you are with your friends or by yourself, getting your nails, hair, and or makeup done will boost your mood.  

Indulge in some retail therapy!  Buy yourself a new outfit to wear and rock it with confidence.

Be spontaneous! Try something that you normally wouldn’t do, like going hiking or taking a hot yoga class.  Recruit some friends to join the experience.

Girls Night In!  Spend the day with some friends inside baking cookies and watching romantic comedies bundled up on the couch in your pajamas.  Enjoy each other’s company. 

Throw a party!  Invite all your single friends over and enjoy the night surrounded by people you love, platonically of course. 

Go to the gym!  Exercising is the best way to release endorphins.  You will feel much better after a good workout and be ready to take on the day in a more positive manner.

Forget about the day altogether!  It’s just a holiday; don’t let it make you feel bad for not having a significant other.  Treat it like any other day.  Be glad to save yourself the stress and pressure of finding and affording the right gift for someone special

Most of all have fun!  No matter what you end up doing on Valentine’s Day.