The 7 Stages of Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s that time of year again: the time for family, friends, and being thankful for what we have. There are so many emotions we feel during the holidays, and there are many ups and downs that make us breathe both a sigh of relief and a sigh of sadness when they are over. Here are the stages we all go through during Thanksgiving break.

1. Waiting, Waiting, and more waiting. Whether it’s a calendar countdown you’ve had going on since Halloween, or those last five minutes in your last class before you get to finally head home, the waiting game will be strong.

2. Finally Home. When you’re finally home again, there is no other feeling that compares to your parents, home meals, and a bedroom to yourself.

3. Thanksgiving Day. It’s finally here! A day revolving around kindness and eating everything and anything. What could be better?

4.The post-Thanksgiving lull. This feeling usually hits around 8 p.m. Dinner has ended but family time hasn’t, so the same five family-oriented conversation topics get exhausted.

5. Black Friday. Ah the hidden holiday of Black Friday. Whether you’re working it, fighting it out, or quietly hiding out at home just waiting for it to end, Black Friday will definitely make you feel on edge.

6.The weekend after. Now that all the crazy is over and you have finally come out of your turkey coma, you have nothing to do but try to hold on to what time at home you have left before you have to return back to school.

7. Back again. And just as you started getting comfortable in your home you’re being dragged back to finish those last bittersweet weeks of the semester.      

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.