10 Things to Know About You…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

New relationships can be daunting. By asking these 10 questions, you can get to know the person you have recently begun seeing.

1. Four things that attract you to someone?

When embarking on a new relationship, it may be useful to know the top four aspects that made each of you attracted to one another.

2.   How many people have you been with?

As much as you don’t want to pry into the other person’s past relationships, this question is essential. This answers any uncertainties in regards to intimacy. Knowing how many serious relationships they have had also gives insight on whether or not they are capable of being in a relationship.

3. What do you aspire to do in the future?

This is the right question to see if the person has aspirations for the future. They do not have to have their future planned to perfection, but having an idea is a good sign they have goals. If both of you are hardworking and have plans for the future, you can motivate each other to obtain these ambitions.

4. Is there a mistake you regret making?

Mistakes in life are inevitable and finding a perfect individual is not realistic. Knowing at least one mistake and how they potentially resolved the situation can demonstrate their willingness to not disregard the problems. If the mistake was in a past relationship this a good sign that they will try their best to not repeat the mistake with you.

5. Three things that you fear?

Discussing fears gives an understanding of what the person’s limits are. In the instance of the fear coming up, you have the opportunity to act as an outlet or comforting aid for the person. This then builds trust and demonstrates to the other person that you are there for them during difficult times.

6. What are your pet-peeves?

Everyone gets irritated at one point or another. Being aware of what triggers an individual’s annoyance allows you to avoid doing those ‘pet peeves.’ Any tension that can be avoided is the best thing for a new relationship.

7. What makes you happy?

Unfortunately, relationships do not just consist of hugs and kisses; there are challenges. Knowing what makes your significant other happy can serve as a tool to get through those tough times. Performing an act of kindness to lift the person’s spirit up demonstrates to them that you remember what puts a smile on their face.

8. What is your vision of an ideal date?

This question serves as a ‘romance sparker.’ Making the date possible demonstrates that you care about each other, increasing the attraction within the relationship.   

9. What is your favorite movie?

10. What is your favorite song?

These two questions give more knowledge of the likes and dislikes of the person. ‘Favorites’ such as a movie or song gives insight to the personality. The more you know, the better the connection in the relationship becomes.

Ariana Matos

Northeastern '21

I am a Northeastern commmunication studies student with a minor in fashion global studies. As a writer correspondent the concentration of my writing are personal reflections on life experiences, fashion, media and culture, food and lifestyle. In addition to being a writer I am a leader for Her Campus NU's Snapchat account.