Top 5 Christmas Makeup Sets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

I love Christmas so much, but one of my favourite parts has got to be the Christmas makeup sets that are released. A lot of them seem to have been released in the last couple of weeks, so here are my favourite five of the ones I’ve seen so far:

1. Bourjois:

This set includes 3 full sized products: a mascara, eyeliner and lip stain. All you need to do is spend £15 and then the set is yours! This is a lovely set to create a classic look but not my personal favourite because I already have the lipstick (amazing by the way!)

2. L’Oréal

L’Oréal has taken a slightly different approach this year (unless they are just late releasing theirs) with the fact that you’ve got to spend £12.99 and then you get a free eyes or lips palette. So, yes you are spending less, but the gift really isn’t as good.

3. Soap & glory

This beautiful little gift set is all yours when you spend £15 and includes 3 full sized products of:

Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara

Soap & Glory Glow All Out Highlight and Sculpt Cheek Stick

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss

I love Soap & Glory however their makeup range is quite small therefore you don’t have as much choice on what you can spend your money on.

4. Revlon

This is a great set where again you can spend £15 and receive 4 full sized products:

• Revlon Dramatic Definition™ Mascara
  • Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix™ Highlighting Stick
  • Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick
  • Revlon Nail Enamel

This is amazing value and if you love Revlon as much as I do, it isn’t hard to spend £15. The only issue I have is with some of the colours in the set as I wouldn’t use those as much or already have something similar.

5. Maxfactor

This is my personal favourite (which I may or may not have already purchased, for research purposes obviously!) Again you only need to spend £15 ( I chose an eyeshadow palette and khol eyeliner). The mascara is a classic favourite and is in a really good black and volumises beautifully. The primer is great and I already love the matching foundation so this didn’t disappoint. The lip product is good, not outstanding but perfect if you want a Christmassy makeup look but don’t want to go all out for a bold red lip.

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.