Luxury Skin Care: Winter Into Spring Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Woah! Am I the only one who thinks January has flown by.. not that I am mad about it, as soon as Christmas is over and the new year has begun I am all about the summer and YES it’s February so spring is on it’s way, thank the gods!

This past month I have really been loving skin care. Growing up I never knew which skin care products were right for me. I was always really spotty and found if I ever exfoliated my skin I would break out left, right and centre however, I’m all grown up now (AH 21, scary!) and with the help of a few well known bloggers and through trial and error with many products I have seemed to get my skin under control (touch wood).

I have been very lucky over the past month, receiving and buying lot’s of lovely products that I have become obsessed with this, however, they are a little on the pricey side but there are high street dupes which I would love to do another article on (coming soon?!).

I have a slightly different skin care routine in the morning as I do in the evening simply because I feel my skin doesn’t need so much of intense treatment when I am getting ready for the day as it does after a full day of make up.

First thing in the morning, I like to wake up my face with the Clinique Gentle Foam Cleanser which lifts away any dirt that may be on my skin after some beauty sleep, the foam cleanser cleans away impurities without irritating the skin leaving my face feeling clean and cleansed whilst also being soft and fresh to help me start my often busy days of university. 

Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam 125ml £18.00 @ LookFantastic.com

After patting my skin dry with a towel I then apply to my whole face the Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Daily Defence Moisturiser which is for very dry to dry combination skin. The lightweight formula melts into the skin leaving it silky smooth and hydrated. After this I like to apply one of my favourite lip balms of the month, Burt’s Bee’s Beeswax with vitamin E and peppermint  which completes my morning skin care and I am ready to make my face look more acceptable for public viewing by adding my favourite make up. 

Superdefense SPF 20 50ml £40.00 @ Lookfantastic.com

After a long day of lectures, seminars and dissertation writing I can guarantee I am looking a little disheveled and the bags under my eyes can no longer be hidden by even the best concealer. If you’re anything like me all you want to do is get all the makeup off your face and get in bed (fave time of day). I am pretty much a skin care nerd when it comes to by bedtime routine, as i said, it is my favourite time of day. I start off by using the good old Micellar Cleansing Water by Garnier and wipe that all over my face removing my makeup and mascara, I follow that up with the amazing Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm which cleanses and moisturises the skin, purifying and minimizes those pores that insist on being seen.

100ml £38.00 @ FeelUnique.com

After my face is at cleansing capacity I like to tone my skin with Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid. This is an overnight treatment which is yes, I admit very pricy but it diminishes the visibility of acne spots and eradicates spot causing bacteria (yassss) which i definitely need, I just put the tiniest amount on a cotton pad and wipe that all over my tea zone and other places where I know my breakouts love to make an appearance. Although, you can use this product without applying moisturiser afterwards, for a more intense treatment I only like to do this if I have got some recent breakouts and I feel like my skin needs a little bit more TLC. If my skin is feeling good however, I like to apply Clinique’s Night Recovery overnight cream to mattify my skin and replenish and protect it throughout the night.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold 100ml £33.50 @ cultbeauty.co.uk

That is pretty much my favourite skin care of January, although it is a lot more expenny than other skin care products I have tried in the past, this collection together seems to really be doing wonders for my skin right now! Crossing my fingers I do not run out of anything any time soon or I am going to need another student loan… *nervously laughs while crying*.

Hope this gives you all some winter skin care inspo!

- Film fanatic - Social media addict & - Part time netballer Although, still dreaming of becoming a Prima Ballerina
Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling