This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

With Christmas over, everyone seems to sink into the January blues. However we should be celebrating all the new favourites we’ve discovered from our Christmas presents or treats we’ve purchased in the January sales using Christmas money we’ve received.

Here are my 5 favourite discoveries I have from January:

1.Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Pomegranate

My lips get so dry in winter meaning I need a seriously good lip balm. I also love wearing lipstick because otherwise I can look like a dead person. This is a tinted lip balm which is great as it moisturises my lips whilst adding a subtle berry tone.

2. Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish

This amazing skincare discovery has made me love taking off my makeup as I no longer have to tug at my eyes to get my mascara off- this helps it to just melt off! It also smells lovely and helps me relax before bed.

3. Nars Pore Refining Primer

Okay so this is not your average student purchase but it’s definitely something to add to your birthday list as this little tub has transformed how my makeup sits on my skin. Now my foundation doesn’t sink into my pores it just applies beautifully.

4. Body Shop Body Butter

Everyone’s seems to get even drier skin in winter and I haven’t found a moisturiser as good the ones by the body shop. I managed to pick the blueberry one of these up in the sale for under £5!

5. L’Oréal Clay Masks

Now we’re back at university the stress related break outs have started again and I have loved this face mask range from L’Oréal which includes 3 different clay masks. 1 for radiant skin, one for detoxing the skin and one for purifying the skin. I’ve been using the green purify one which promises to give you your  “purest, cleanest, brightest skin” and as you only have to apply it for 5-10 minutes it makes a nice treat.

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.