5 Egg-cellent Crafts For Spring Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Now that the sun is shining through the dull cloudy skies more often and the cold wind has died down slightly (no more stormy weather thanks very much) there is a feeling of spring in the air. More people are starting to sit out in the well-needed sunshine and new baby animals are starting to appear. Easter brings with it time for chocolate, cheer and creativity therefore I have combined these into a few innovative ideas for you to attempt over the Easter holiday, so nest-le down and hop to it! (Sorry I’m just yolking around). 

1.Easter mason jars filled with mini eggs

First, a favourite storage go-to in kitchens is the Mason jar. These jars can look so cute filled with different bite-sized treats so why not fill them with mini eggs and use them as a gift. You could even decorate the lid with pretty ribbons and materials to make the jar look egg-stra special. 

2.Sock bunnies

These are some of the cutest toys I have seen in a while. They are so easy and fun to make plus could be a great gift for someone! All you need is an old sock (preferably washed first), a cup of rice, some felt, ribbon and googly eyes. These would also be egg-ffective as door stops for friends at uni or at home. 

3.Rice Krispy nests

These cakes were my favourite when I was younger and are incredibly easy to make! Just melt some chocolate, grab some rice krispies (or other cereal of your choice) mix them together and let them cool! These can be fun to make with children or adults, to give as a gift or eat them yourselves. Oh and make sure to egg-splore decorating, I egg-spect them to look egg-septional.

4.An Easter basket

If you are looking for something egg-specially cute this Easter then why not put together a basket full of goodies. This could consist of the traditional chocolate Easter eggs or lint bunnies, or you could push the boat out and include some hot cross buns, butter and jam and take this on a spring picnic.

5.Bunny bunting

If you want to be even more egg-stravagent with decorations this year then why not try this cute bunny tail bunting. All you need is some decorated card and either pom-poms, tassels or embellishments of some kind for the tails. You could of course always give these to some-bunny special too!

Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling