3 Ways To Spend Valentine’s In Lancaster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

1. Go for a walk 

We are slightly spoilt in Lancaster for places to walk. Williamson park is so pretty especially if the sun is out because you can see the lakes in the distance. There’s also a really nice café which do lunch or a good selection of cakes to have with a tea or coffee. You can also stroll along the Canal which goes across the city, there are a few pubs which do some good pub grub and you may even see the swans that are there sometimes. Or you can take a walk around the cobbled streets to the Castle with a warm tea or coffee from Atkinsons (they do nothing but the best).

2. Have a night out

You could go to the cinema, at VUE in town it is £4.99 for a standard ticket (bargain!) which means you can spend out on popcorn, a Tango Ice Blast and sweets, GO CRAZY!. Celebrating it’s 30th anniversary Dirty Dancing is being released back into cinemas just for Valentine’s Day. So why not have a date to see a classic movie (nobody puts baby in the corner *cue the dancing*). Or if you want a proper night out why not head to Dalton’s traffic light party and dance the night away. 

3. Go for a meal

Loads of restaurants release a Valentine’s day menu, so you are spoilt for choice really, in town you can get an Italian, Tapas and hearty pub grub just to name a few. For example 1725 are offering a meal for two for £25 which even includes a glass of Sangria. The tapas is SO good, with a glass of Sangria and a bowl of Paella you’d think you were in the heart of Barcelona (just ignore the crazy Lancaster weather and you are there!). 

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.
Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling