Your Recruitment Weekend Style Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Planning on going to recruitment this weekend and still wondering what to wear? Each day has its own dress code, and its important to look your best each day in order to leave a positive message! Here are some tips about what to wear and not to wear on each day of recruitment here at University of La Verne.

Day One:

Today is the most relaxed and casual of all the days, and it’s also the longest! You’ll want to wear something casual, but still nice. Think something you would wear to brunch, or to a lunch out with conservative family.This could be dark, nice jeans with a dressy top and nice heels, a casual sundress, or a bold printed short with dressy sandals. Since you’ll be on your feet a lot today, make sure to wear comfortable shoes! Don’t wear flip flops, they’re not dressy enough, but a nice flat or low heel will work for this day. If you choose to wear heels, make suer that they’re comfy, or bring flats to change into between houses! Make sure that dresses or bottoms are fingertip length, and that you cant see cleavage or bra straps. Here are some examples:

Day Two:

On this day, you don’t visit all of the houses, and you get to spend more time meeting girls. The attire should be slightly nicer than the last round. You’ll still be doing a lot of walking, so keep in mind those comfortable shoes! I would definitely wear a sundress this round, or a nice skirt and top combo. Dressy sandals or casual wedges are perfect for this round.

Day three:

This is the dressiest day of the three- so definitely break out a nicer dress and your favorite pair of heels. Remember to choose something in an a-line or shift silhouette, and to make sure that your dress isn’t too tight, short, or low cut. Think dinner at a nice restaurant for your birthday. Remember to wear comfortable shoes, and to check the length of your dress. As with everything else, you don’t want to wear something that’s too short, or low cut.

Bid night: This is casual, and you will be given a t shirt! Pair neutral bottoms (denim, white, black, gray) with your favorite casual shoes and you’re good to go!

General tips:  

• Make sure to avoid colored lipstick- it could get on your teeth
  • Make sure that hair and makeup are put together and not too wild

• Don’t wear anything that doesn’t hit your fingertips, shows cleavage, or your bra straps

• Make sure that you have comfy shoes! 

• What NOT to wear: Anything too short, too tight, or too revealing. You want to send a positive message . If you would wear the outfit to a nightclub, then do not wear it to sorority rush.

• The best advice I can give is to be yourself! Being yourself includes how you dress, as well. Whatever you wear, make sure that it expresses your personal style.

• Have fun, and don’t forget to relax, and smile!

Sarah Osuna never met an ice cream cone she didn't like. She attends the University of La Verne where she studies Speech Communication and Political Science. She enjoys going to the beach,watching re-runs of gossip girl, spending time with her friends, and traveling across the country.
Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.