toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why We Love Heritage Park’s Pumpkin Patch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Haven’t stopped by Heritage Park’s annual Pumpkin Patch yet? You’ve got a week left to visit! It’s the most charming place to spend a fall day at La Verne, and here’s why:

1) Look at all those pumpkins

First and foremost, you gotta have pumpkins at a pumpkin patch, and Heritage Park’s got tons. They range from sizes miniature, small, medium, large and then super large, and they’re up for sale. You can get a good-sized gourd for as low as $3.

2) It’s affordable

Ok, as college students, who doesn’t love affordable things? For $2, you can ride around the park in a tractor, and you can feed the animals at the petting zoo for another small fee. There’s also no entry fee, so you can just peruse the park without breaking the bank!

3) A cow, some chickens and pigs, oh my! (Plus more…)

THE PETTING ZOO! Enough said. Here you can get up close and personal with some of the cutest farm animals.

4) The photo opportunities

You can make so many Insta-worthy memories here. The abundance of pumpkins, the piles of hay, the stringed lights twinkling in the moonlight…

5) …and it’s close by!

From ULV, head north on Wheeler Avenue, turn right on Via de Mansion, and you’re there in less than 10 minutes! 

Heritage Park’s Pumpkin Patch, located 5001 Via de Mansion, is open weekends from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and runs through Oct. 31. 

Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.