This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Second year international student Max Charman is currently taking the International Marketing class (Business 466) where fourteen La Verne students, along with college students from Mississippi, traveled to Cuba for spring break!

Here’s what he had to say about the amazing experience.

How was the actual class you took?

It was really interesting. We learned about Cuba’s economic, political and legal policies as well as the different cultural characteristics during our Friday class (four days before their 10 day trip).

What were the different cities that you traveled to?

We went to one major town in Havana and we spent 10 days touring with a guide in Havana as while as traveling to other cities.

What was your favorite memory during the trip?

My favourite memory is probably touring the classic cars in Havana.

We also visited a lot of the watering holes of Ernest Hemingway as well as his house and we also went on a walking tour in Havana. Some other places we went to included; an art factory that displayed Cuba’s modern art, a Cuban cigar factory and a rum factory. We also went to a cabaret, supposedly where the mafia went before the revolution and it was very flowery and dramatic.

(He ALSO told me that they had salsa lessons and that he WON a salsa competition because he got the most applause during the competition).

How was the food and people in Cuba?

They love plantains and they have a lot beans and rice, spices were kind of nonexistent though. But everyone was nice, they really wanted to get along with Americans, even more with British people because everyone likes British people.

How were the beaches? Were the beaches better than California’s?

Oh yeah the beaches were definitely better than California; the water was warm and incredibly clear blue and the sand was hot.  We actually taught our guide to play American football. Baseball is a big sport over there but not many people knew much about American football. We were able to spend a whole afternoon just relaxing in the sun there.

How was the class and would you recommend people taking this next year?

I would recommend this class to anyone who loves traveling and learning about new cultures, someone who likes to explore and meet new people, or anyone who is willing to have his or her preexisting views challenged. For example, thinking that Cuba is a dangerous and dirty place. This class is definitely for someone who wants to have some new adventures and meet new friends.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and amazing experiences with us Max!

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.