Surviving After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Spring break usually reenergizes us, giving us the drive to finish the last quarter of the school year before the long awaited summer break. Unfortunately for some of us, Spring break was far too early and NOW we wish we had that week of vacation from our overwhelming responsibilities.

Waking up for those early morning classes has never more excruciating and skipping those necessary naps for homework and studying is the last thing we want to be doing.

Luckily, there are some well-needed steps you can take to making your morning routine more convenient and your day a little less painful.

1. The later you can set your alarm = more zzzzz’s. If you usually shower in the morning, try taking a shower at night before you go to sleep so you can wake up at least 30 minutes later. But make sure you make your shower quick too and get to your bed ASAP. Sleep on silk pillowcases and make sure to use TRESeme products for the best results when you wake up in the morning.

2.   Who needs a huge makeup routine when you could be resting your eyelids instead of putting eye shadow on them. Throw on some Milani eyeliner that matches your outfit and call it a day.

3. Packing your bag the night before will help avoid the drama of forgetting something on your way out the door. Check for all of your books, computer and of course that homework! Pack it in an oversized bag as a cute accessories and an accessible way to keep all of your necessities on hand… or shoulder. Check out our favorite bag and ID holders (because you never want to be caught without your ID)

4. Pick your outfit the night before to save the time it takes to come to that oh so difficult decision. For a comfier day incorporate leggings (did I even need to tell you that?)  and Brappz products to simplify your outfit as much as you can.

5. Stay healthy. I know, it isn’t as easy as it sounds. And not feeling your best when you have a busy schedule is the worst.  But AZO cranberry gummies are easy for you to grab on your way out and make sure nothing slows you down.

6. Be smart, money wise. We are already seriously stressed out as it is and the last thing we need on our minds is money. Never lose track of your finances with the Circle app that lets you pay and receive money between friends.

7. Look toward the future. Better days are to come, although it may be hard to believe. Summer is just weeks away and who knows, next semester may even hold new adventures. CEA Study Abroad program offers students a one in a lifetime opportunity and a semester you can definitely look forward to. 

Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.