This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Whether you are short on money to travel out of town, or were too late on trying to book a place this Spring break, no need to worry! There are plenty of things to do locally, or a couple hours away from La Verne.

Hikes:

Go hiking in the Hollywood/Griffith Park area. There are many hikes around this area that are a few miles, each takes about an hour. After the hike you can go get juice/acai bowl to finish off your “I’m being healthy” day, or go for something else.

Mt. Woodson (Potato Chip Rock) (Poway, CA). This 6 mi. hike takes around 3-4 hours round trip. Burning those calories means you should get to eat delicious food.

Bridge to Nowhere (Azusa, CA). This hike is about 10 mi. round trip, leading literally to nowhere. You can also go bungee jumping.

Sights:

Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve (Lancaster, CA). At the end of the hike, you get to see a bed of Poppies like the one below.

Aquarium of the Pacific (Longbeach, CA). Go feel a sea cucumber, and watch the sea otters play. 

Center of the World (Felicity, CA). Who knew the “center” of the world was right here in California?

DTLA There are so many things to do in Downtown Los Angeles such as shop, eat, sight see, and etc.

Joshua Tree National Park (Palm, CA). You can go camping in Joshua tree, stargazing with a group of friends, or your significant other.

Old Town Pasadena Eat yummy food, and visit City Hall (where they filmed the intro for Parks & Recreation!!) 

Balboa Park (San Diego, CA). Enjoy a sunny day in the gardens.

Museums:

Getty Center/Villa (Los Angeles, CA). Although the museum entrance is free, parking is $15 and $10 after 4PM. To save money, go to both the museum, and the Villa on the same day.

Huntington Library (San Marino, CA). Art pieces and botanical gardens. The museum offers special free days that you can try to reserve.

Norton Simon Museum (Pasadena, CA). Free with Student I.D.

Amusement Parks:

Disneyland (Anaheim, CA). Who doesn’t love Disneyland? 

Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA). Hang out with Snoopy and friends!

Six Flags (Valencia, CA). You can save up to $25 if you buy in advance.

Beach:

Catalina Islands You can go boating/tubing, ziplining, or just relax! 

La Jolla (San Diego, CA). Enjoy the sunset on the cliffs.

Santa Monica Pier/Venice (Los Angeles, CA). Ride a bike along the walkway from Venice to Santa Monica, or walk along the pier. 

Or you can always just stay home and watch Netflix (like I plan on doing).

Hope you all have a great Spring Break!

Heidi Park is a junior at University of La Verne majoring in Child Development, specializing in Speech Therapy. This is her second year being part of the Her Campus team and has taken the role as Secretary, Blog Editor, and Snapshot Editor. Heidi is currently working in BUSD as a co-teacher, and as a behavior interventionist for ACT. She likes to de-stress by cooking, cleaning, reading, and watching Netflix. In her free time she likes to people watch at Starbucks (or really, anywhere), snack/eat until she is guiltily full, and hang out with the ones she loves. At first glance she may seem/look intimidating but once you get to know her she is a soft marshmallow (especially for dogs, cats, and babies).