This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Like other young women in college, finding guys to talk to can be hard to find.

My roommate and I were discussing this dilemma in the Campus Center and she told me how much fun she had talking and going on dates with guys on Bumble. I was really hesitant at first, but finally gave in and had her help me make an account. I mean what harm could come of it?

I am assuming its like other dating apps where you swipe left and right, but the difference is is that the girls are the only ones allowed to start a conversation!

So I’d go on the app every once and awhile and start conversations and it was always a confidence booster when you matched hahaha

Of course there are those moments where the conversations are awkward and the guys can’t keep the conversation going

But sometimes you meet a great guy who you talk to for the weekend and he asks for your number and you start planning a coffee date! (Feels pretty awesome not going to lie)

So if you want to try your luck at meeting a cool guy to chat with, then go for it! Going in with no expectations is the best and sometimes you can meet your potential boyfriend/girlfriend (I know several couples who met on Bumble!)

Good luck and have fun!

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.