This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Janice loves the small campus feel of La Verne that comes with a large connection everyone has. “It isn’t just student-student relationships but also student-faculty, athlete-coach. employee-employer relationships where everything feels close-knit”. 

After graduating, she plans on going to Medical school to become a pediatrician.

Currently, she’s involved in cross country and basketball and possibly track in the spring. She is a part of the Black Student Union here on campus, Cru club, and is hoping to get initiated into the sorority Sigma Gamma Rho in the near future. 

Janice’s favorite television show is an anime series called Boku no Hero Academia.

It’s a Japanese animated show centered around Izuku Midoriya who has dreams of one day becoming a hero despite being bullied by his classmates for not having a Quirk, which is basically a type of superpower people in this universe have. This is a highly recommended show for people who are interested in watching anime! 

She has many celebrity crushes that include Bruno Mars, Big Sean, and Logic! 

The type of music she listens to is anything but country music! 

(Sorry country music lovers!)

Some hobbies of hers include:

• Playing basketball
  • Watching movies
  • Eating
  • Draw/Sketch
  • Doing crosswords

Janice is an overall nice and genuine person! The more you get to know her she will unleash her outgoing and bubbly personality! Make sure you say hello to Janice if you see her around campus :) !

A college freshman at La Verne with interests that include going to concerts, running, swimming, and hiking x