Meet British International Student Max Charman!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Since it’s National Tell a Fairy Tale Day this Friday…

Meet Max Charman, ULV’S British Prince Charming! Badum tsss

All puns aside, freshman international student Max Charman, is a great friend and guy to get to know. He’s a football player, Honors student, and undefeated ping-pong player thus far at La Verne!

Name: Max Charman

From: Malmesbury, Wiltshire, England

Major: Business Major

Involvement on Campus: Wide receiver on the Football team, and works on campus for Campus Center events

Hobbies: Sleeping, eating, both kinds of football, ping-pong, skateboarding,  and hiking

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? My favOUrite food is British roast dinner because I used to have it every Sunday back in England. It reminds me of home and is extremely tasty – especially the Yorkshire puddings, and horse radish!

Three Words that describe you: Nice…I think I’m nice, can be sarcastic/cynical, and funny

Favorite quote: “ I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly” –Winston Churchill

Most embarrassing moment: After swim practice, I was getting changed in a cubicle and I forgot to lock the door. Suddenly, a girl walked in on me mid-drying myself with a towel and she immediately slammed the door shut. It was extremely awkward from then on as I knew who she was and she knew who I was.

Celeb crushes? I had a crush on Emma Watson when I was younger, because of Harry Potter, you know Hermione Granger, and Gemma Arterton

If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, whom would you choose? If I could have a meal with anyone it would be my late granddad. He passed away just before I was born and I have been told by my parents that he is a very interesting man. He apparently once got into a fight with a man over an arm rest in a cinema! 

Favorite sports team: Currently the Seahawks.

Favorite book:  Casino Royale by Ian Fleming, it’s the first James Bond book and I read them all… I saw Spectre twice and its coming out on DVD and I am most likely going to buy it.

Why did you want to come to ULV? Started with me playing American football, I love traveling as well and I’ve never been to Los Angeles, so it was a combination of things.

What’s the perfect date? Going on a hike or a nice walk, enjoying the countryside. And then go for a pub meal or something like that.

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.